• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Gen II - Crystal An Idea I Have for a Gen II Hack

Compatible Base ROMs
PKMN Crystal
So I’m only putting this here because it’s very early in development and if it’s not allowed here, admins can either remove or move to where it’s suppose to go etc.

But pretty much, I won’t be making a hack with a custom story but just mere edits to the story to make the game feel like an ‘actual 3rd’ for gen 2 as I thought the game’s story (especially in Kanto) were very empty.

Some ideas I have:

- Kanto maps ported from RBY but tweaked to match GSC
- The Time Capsule actually mimics link trading in gen 1 (with ported graphics and music etc)
- A more developed storyline for Lugia involving Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres

I will be writing more on this as I get ideas ☺️

I could appreciate this for the most part, Kanto basically was empty aside from Gyms and the Magnet Train thing with Goldenrod.
Some things I could think of:

-Create a small side story around Lavender Town and the Silph Scope being used to see invisible objects (similar to R/S/E) and make it a requirement to find Mew somewhere in Kanto.

-Create a small side story about Giovanni in Kanto. (Something like why he disbanded Team Rocket and resigned as a Gym Leader 3 years earlier)

-A reunion between Red and his Mom after battling him in Mt. Silver, maybe throw Blue in somewhere.

-One thing that GSC lacked but HGSS had was being given a starter by Prof. Oak after Mt. Silver

-Confrontations with Agatha and Lorelei (probably at Lavender Town and Seafoam Islands respectfully)

-Only other thing I can think of is a better plot about the Power Plant and restoring power to the Magnet Train, because the whole French Rocket find item in Cerulean Gym thing was dumb

I could appreciate this for the most part, Kanto basically was empty aside from Gyms and the Magnet Train thing with Goldenrod.
Some things I could think of:

-Create a small side story around Lavender Town and the Silph Scope being used to see invisible objects (similar to R/S/E) and make it a requirement to find Mew somewhere in Kanto.

-Create a small side story about Giovanni in Kanto. (Something like why he disbanded Team Rocket and resigned as a Gym Leader 3 years earlier)

-A reunion between Red and his Mom after battling him in Mt. Silver, maybe throw Blue in somewhere.

-One thing that GSC lacked but HGSS had was being given a starter by Prof. Oak after Mt. Silver

-Confrontations with Agatha and Lorelei (probably at Lavender Town and Seafoam Islands respectfully)

-Only other thing I can think of is a better plot about the Power Plant and restoring power to the Magnet Train, because the whole French Rocket find item in Cerulean Gym thing was dumb
I was thinking of doing something with Giovanni on Cinnabar Island and Lorelei, Agatha and Green (Blue) will be making appearances as special trainers you battle in Mt. Silver to get to Red. Also, you’d need the legendary birds to get Lugia.