• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Gen 5 experience system

Does someone have an idea where to find the experience gain per battle formula in pokeruby? Ive searched for it but couldnt find it. Maybe its not disassembled yet?
I also havent found the experience needed for level up formula even though the diffrent level curves are mentioned in constants-> pokemon_data_constants

Last edited:
Thx doesnt!
At line 5422 i replaced
Code:
calculatedExp = gBaseStats[gBattleMons[gBank1].species].expYield * gBattleMons[gBank1].level / 7;
with
Code:
calculatedExp = gBaseStats[gBattleMons[gBank1].species].expYield * gBattleMons[gBank1].level/5 *(pow(2*gBattleMons[gBank1].level+10,2.5)/pow(gPlayerParty[i].level+gBattleMons[gBank1].level+10,2,5))+1;
The formula i added is not the exact gen5 formula but pretty close to it. It works fine if you battle without switching. A Problem is when i switch in battle and have more than 1 Pokemon getting experience, then all Pokemon get the same experience instead of each getting experience in relation to their level. The experience they receive is related to only the first Pokemon that fougth. Anyone has ideas how to solve that Problem?