• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone! Uh.. What's good?

As the title shows, I'm meh at Introductions, but I'll try my best. New here, as you would expect, most people call me "Bert" but since my user doesn't contain Bert on here, I'm not sure what to call myself.

Anyway, I've been a fan of Pokemon for a while, ever since I first played Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I kinda stopped with Pokemon before Sun and Moon, but I'm back into it. I'm also getting into Pokemon Rom Hacking, as I have seen many videos about Rom Hacks, and have wanted to try my hand at it, however I've only recently started learning as back when I first wanted to try, the tutorials were wayy out of date and I couldn't be bothered to find the tools I needed.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of so.. Yeah. I tend to be a lurker, so there might be times where I'm online but don't post.

As the title shows, I'm meh at Introductions, but I'll try my best. New here, as you would expect, most people call me "Bert" but since my user doesn't contain Bert on here, I'm not sure what to call myself.

Anyway, I've been a fan of Pokemon for a while, ever since I first played Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I kinda stopped with Pokemon before Sun and Moon, but I'm back into it. I'm also getting into Pokemon Rom Hacking, as I have seen many videos about Rom Hacks, and have wanted to try my hand at it, however I've only recently started learning as back when I first wanted to try, the tutorials were wayy out of date and I couldn't be bothered to find the tools I needed.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of so.. Yeah. I tend to be a lurker, so there might be times where I'm online but don't post.
Welcome, Bert!

You might want to avoid those old tutorials and tools if you're just getting into rom hacking, and use the decompiled Pokemon roms instead. Essentially, you get to work with the source, so things like editing sprites are just replacing images in folders and then compiling it. Decomps are pretty much the future of rom hacking. :p

Here, this thread should help you get started:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=399015

I don't have much knowledge about it myself as of now, but after my next beta release for my hack, I will start using it, haha