• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Pokemon Game Editor "Support" Thread

Gamer2020

This thread is for minimal support and questions regarding Pokemon Game Editor.

As you may or may not know Pokemon Game Editor is no longer being worked on. It will always be available for download here.

If you are serious and would like to continue work on Pokemon Game Editor please send me a PM.

Before posting, please make sure you are using one of the following ROM dumps:

1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan)
Please post any issues or questions you may have about PGE. Please note that I will not be fixing any bugs or adding any features.

petuuuhhh

I'm getting a similar error except with a value of 1054 when trying to use the Pokemon Editor with the Fire Red ROM I've hacked. It doesn't give this error when I use the clean ROMbase. I'm using J-Steven's 807 ROMbase.

Attachments

Delta231

I'm getting a similar error except with a value of 1054 when trying to use the Pokemon Editor with the Fire Red ROM I've hacked. It doesn't give this error when I use the clean ROMbase. I'm using J-Steven's 807 ROMbase.
Make sure that your INI file is edited because J-Steven rombase uses Mrds Rombase, I will say try to use INI of Mrds rombase and tell me if it's works. (Might not work because J-Steven might have expanded the Pokedex.)

petuuuhhh

Make sure that your INI file is edited because J-Steven rombase uses Mrds Rombase, I will say try to use INI of Mrds rombase and tell me if it's works. (Might not work because J-Steven might have expanded the Pokedex.)
It still shows up with "Value of 1054 for SelectedIndex is invalid" when I use the .ini from MrDollsteak's ROMbase.

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

You've answered your own question there. You'd need the ini file from the creator. Also keep in mind, if they didn't use PGE to expand the Pokémon you won't be able to edit the ROM. The other imitation program does not properly expand everything thus breaking compatibility.

petuuuhhh

You've answered your own question there. You'd need the ini file from the creator. Also keep in mind, if they didn't use PGE to expand the Pokémon you won't be able to edit the ROM. The other imitation program does not properly expand everything thus breaking compatibility.
Well, I tried to say this clearly but maybe I didn't, the clean BaseROM before I edited it works with PGE. Like the J-Steven 807 ROMbase ROM. But, after I edited it, it stopped working with PGE. So he didn't do anything to it that caused it to stop working with PGE.

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

Well, I tried to say this clearly but maybe I didn't, the clean BaseROM before I edited it works with PGE. Like the J-Steven 807 ROMbase ROM. But, after I edited it, it stopped working with PGE. So he didn't do anything to it that caused it to stop working with PGE.
What edit did you make?

So, as I've explained with a PokéCommunity thread, I'm having issues with PGE crashing upon trying to load certain Pokémon within the slots between Celebi and Treecko. I'm trying to do my entire hack without ASM (can't be bothered to learn it, and don't care), without expanding the ROM (FireRed has more than enough free space for anything I'd want to add), and I'm basically trying to use up the empty data/slots of things stored in the game to do custom stuff before adding in my own custom empty slots.

Upon loading slot #254, the app quasi-crashes cannot be closed without Task Manager.
Upon loading slot #256, the app softlocks. I can use my taskbar to close it.

I've rolled back my ROM to an earlier version and it seems to work fine after redoing most of my edits. I had to roll back quite far because it seems PGE had corrupted my moveset tables. Hilariously enough, the only slots that didn't get corrupted movesets were indexes #255 and #256.

Edit: I'd like to add that, except for the movesets, VBA can load the battery fine and the game plays perfectly fine on the "broken" ROM.

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

So, as I've explained with a -removed-, I'm having issues with PGE crashing upon trying to load certain Pokémon within the slots between Celebi and Treecko. I'm trying to do my entire hack without ASM (can't be bothered to learn it, and don't care), without expanding the ROM (FireRed has more than enough free space for anything I'd want to add), and I'm basically trying to use up the empty data/slots of things stored in the game to do custom stuff before adding in my own custom empty slots.

Upon loading slot #254, the app quasi-crashes cannot be closed without Task Manager.
Upon loading slot #256, the app softlocks. I can use my taskbar to close it.

I've rolled back my ROM to an earlier version and it seems to work fine after redoing most of my edits. I had to roll back quite far because it seems PGE had corrupted my moveset tables. Hilariously enough, the only slots that didn't get corrupted movesets were indexes #255 and #256.

Edit: I'd like to add that, except for the movesets, VBA can load the battery fine and the game plays perfectly fine on the "broken" ROM.
Hi. I actually do not recommend using those slots as they tend to cause problems. Even if you do decide to use them, I believe, that a couple ASM changes are needed.

Since PGE can open a previous ROM without a problem, I can only assume that some other tool messed something up along the way. I would be careful with which tools you are using; one of them may be changing the data format to something PGE doesn't understand.

If you need more slots, I recommend expanding the number of Pokemon. This can be done with a few clicks in PGE.

Except PGE was the one that couldn't read (or edit, in some cases) certain pieces of data that G3T or G3HS could. The version I rolled back to was *before* I had used PGE, and versions where I'd been using other stuff to make changes (after PGE) didn't lose stability as fast as versions that were just PGE, which leads me to an obvious conclusion that PGE must be what is breaking stuff. I have since added extra slots to the ROM for custom Pokémon but I don't see why PGE would have trouble with the existing blank slots to begin with. Perhaps you could add a feature that lets you patch those slots to work like normal?

Edit: I should add that since I rolled back, I've been redoing my changes with other programs and having no errors.