• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Pokemon Game Editor "Support" Thread

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

This is a minimal support thread. Please see the below.
Please note that I will not be fixing any bugs or adding any features.
The issue needs to be reproducible on a clean ROM.

Also please see the below excerpt from the PGE license. I will be unable to help you any further.

How do you add more move slots in a movepool? For example, Mew only gets 5 moves by level up. How would I expand it so it gets 7, 8, 9, etc. moves by level up?

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

How do you add more move slots in a movepool? For example, Mew only gets 5 moves by level up. How would I expand it so it gets 7, 8, 9, etc. moves by level up?
Simply use the insert attacks at offset button. Once the new table is inserted repoint to it.

I edited in at least 12 moves a while ago and got finished with like 6. Whenever I try to open the attacks portion of the rom it has an 'Unhandeled Exception' error. If I continue anyways it just says I can't do anything because its being 'used by another process'. I'm not too attached to the rom, I just want to get the attacks I worked on and move them to a different game (and hopefully not have this issue again). Really I could settle for just retrieving the descriptions, but nothing I've tried has worked.

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

I edited in at least 12 moves a while ago and got finished with like 6. Whenever I try to open the attacks portion of the rom it has an 'Unhandeled Exception' error. If I continue anyways it just says I can't do anything because its being 'used by another process'. I'm not too attached to the rom, I just want to get the attacks I worked on and move them to a different game (and hopefully not have this issue again). Really I could settle for just retrieving the descriptions, but nothing I've tried has worked.
Please post detailed instructions of the changes you made. I will need to be able to reproduce this on a clean ROM.

Please post detailed instructions of the changes you made. I will need to be able to reproduce this on a clean ROM.
Sorry, my internet was out.

I believe the Emerald ROM I used was patched with a makeshift Gen 4 Physical/Special split (no sprite edits or anything on the move's description screen). I used a Type Effectiveness Editor to modify the ??? type's effectiveness to my liking. I think I may have already retyped a couple of Pokemon with it (something I've done before w/ no problems). I used the attack adder to add 12 new attacking moves, and modified at most 6 in name and effect under the ??? type (which also included re-writing some descriptions, properly formatted as far as I'm aware), as well as also retyping some other moves (once again something I've done before). After I closed the program, the next day nothing worked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

Sorry, my internet was out.

I believe the Emerald ROM I used was patched with a makeshift Gen 4 Physical/Special split (no sprite edits or anything on the move's description screen). I used a Type Effectiveness Editor to modify the ??? type's effectiveness to my liking. I think I may have already retyped a couple of Pokemon with it (something I've done before w/ no problems). I used the attack adder to add 12 new attacking moves, and modified at most 6 in name and effect under the ??? type (which also included re-writing some descriptions, properly formatted as far as I'm aware), as well as also retyping some other moves (once again something I've done before). After I closed the program, the next day nothing worked.
Probably best to PM me your ini and patch of your ROM so I can try to see what went wrong. I'll look at it when I have time.

Lunos

I expanded my FireRed ROM and expanded the number of Pokemon to 1460. Now I can't open the National dex.
Are you sure it's not just taking a while to load? I noticed that when going above the 1000 mark. The National Dex takes a few seconds to show up.