• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pokemon Game Editor "Support" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im using a clean 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan) and i get "input string was not in a correct format" " could not find part of path" and " conversion from string"" to type 'Double' is not valid" what did i do?

Whenever I insert blocks into Advance Map, then open the rom in PGE, it can no longer be opened. There's no name after BPRE, and any application I open crashes the program. The error txt will say that ROMName is missing for ROM BPRE, and NumberOfEvolutionTypes is missing for ROM BPRE.

I've reproduced this bug multiple times, and it's always after I insert blocks in Advance Map. When I open the rom in a hex editor, BPRE is still there, and the name for BPRE is still in the ini. What could this mean?

Never mind, I actually just figured it out. Advance Map creates an ini in the same folder as the rom, and PGE is reading that ini instead of the actual one. Deleting the created ini solved it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

Whenever I insert blocks into Advance Map, then open the rom in PGE, it can no longer be opened. There's no name after BPRE, and any application I open crashes the program. The error txt will say that ROMName is missing for ROM BPRE, and NumberOfEvolutionTypes is missing for ROM BPRE.

I've reproduced this bug multiple times, and it's always after I insert blocks in Advance Map. When I open the rom in a hex editor, BPRE is still there, and the name for BPRE is still in the ini. What could this mean?

Never mind, I actually just figured it out. Advance Map creates an ini in the same folder as the rom, and PGE is reading that ini instead of the actual one. Deleting the created ini solved it.
Merge the inis.

I can't seem to get new edited stones from working when edited in the item editor. It keeps sayin "It won't have any effect"when trying to use them. How can I correct this? I can't seem to get hold-item evolution methods to work either (am using the Emerald Engine form dizzy egg).

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

I can't seem to get new edited stones from working when edited in the item editor. It keeps sayin "It won't have any effect"when trying to use them. How can I correct this? I can't seem to get hold-item evolution methods to work either (am using the Emerald Engine form dizzy egg).
This is not a PGE issue. Please post in the appropriate place.

hey I got a question
each time i try to use the attack adder, the pop up about converting the chart, this will take a while
when i press on the "ok" to start that up
i get 2 error reports

temp.png
the second one translated:
cannot gain access to the file (location of the file im working on) as its being used by an other proces (which is not the case, the only 3 files open are a notepad i made listing the moves i am planning on, PGE and discord, and only PGE has the game open in order to add the moves)

can someone help me here?

EDIT:
I believe i found the issue myself (with help from those on discord), i am using a rom base that already has set the move total to 512, and i heard the limit for PGE is 511 so thats why

Last edited:
so now ive gotten a real issue

ive expended the rom and then the number of pokemon
now before i did that, i could open the pokemon editor fine, but now i get an error message
its in dutch so ill just put the translated version down

there has been a unprocessed exception in the application. if you click continue this error will be ignored and the application continues.
if you click close the application will be closed.

Non-negative number is required
parameter name: value

when i choose continue
it ends as follow
1551020746140.png

and i got to close PGE completely

something in the tool's expansion of the pokemon amount went wrong and i dont know why, how or if i can fix this so i hope someone can help me

EDIT:
additional details, i am using a rom base hack (Leon Labs Presents: The Ultimate Fire Red Base) and i expended the rom before adding more pokemon
adding 300 pokemon and 200 dex entries

EDIT 2: small question regarding the non-dex entries, how can i tell which slots have no dex data and which do or can i set that up myself somehow, if so how?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

EDIT:
I believe i found the issue myself (with help from those on discord), i am using a rom base that already has set the move total to 512, and i heard the limit for PGE is 511 so thats why
This is false. PGE supports more than 511 moves, it just needs to be enabled.

so now ive gotten a real issue

ive expended the rom and then the number of pokemon
now before i did that, i could open the pokemon editor fine, but now i get an error message
its in dutch so ill just put the translated version down

there has been a unprocessed exception in the application. if you click continue this error will be ignored and the application continues.
if you click close the application will be closed.

Non-negative number is required
parameter name: value

when i choose continue
it ends as follow
View attachment 317

and i got to close PGE completely

something in the tool's expansion of the pokemon amount went wrong and i dont know why, how or if i can fix this so i hope someone can help me

EDIT:
additional details, i am using a rom base hack (Leon Labs Presents: The Ultimate Fire Red Base) and i expended the rom before adding more pokemon
adding 300 pokemon and 200 dex entries

EDIT 2: small question regarding the non-dex entries, how can i tell which slots have no dex data and which do or can i set that up myself somehow, if so how?
Check your errors.txt for missing offsets.

As you are using a ROM base that has used G3HS I cannot offer you any support.

I object
pokeemerald is solely for emerald
I am working on fire red, so pokeemerald is useless for me
(and before anyone is saying i should work on emerald, I have various reasons and have planned it out to such a level that i pretty much use all of fire red regional settings, from viridian forest to sevii isle;s, so redoing my work from an emerald rom is not going to work)

further on did not know the base hack was made using G3HS, which sucks as that tool has been acting up so much i have decided not to use it again

as for the expended movepool enabling, on discord i am hearing stuff on jambo's hack, or do you mean there is an other way to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.