• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Pokemon Game Editor "Support" Thread

im using a clean 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan) and i get "input string was not in a correct format" " could not find part of path" and " conversion from string"" to type 'Double' is not valid" what did i do?

Whenever I insert blocks into Advance Map, then open the rom in PGE, it can no longer be opened. There's no name after BPRE, and any application I open crashes the program. The error txt will say that ROMName is missing for ROM BPRE, and NumberOfEvolutionTypes is missing for ROM BPRE.

I've reproduced this bug multiple times, and it's always after I insert blocks in Advance Map. When I open the rom in a hex editor, BPRE is still there, and the name for BPRE is still in the ini. What could this mean?

Never mind, I actually just figured it out. Advance Map creates an ini in the same folder as the rom, and PGE is reading that ini instead of the actual one. Deleting the created ini solved it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

Whenever I insert blocks into Advance Map, then open the rom in PGE, it can no longer be opened. There's no name after BPRE, and any application I open crashes the program. The error txt will say that ROMName is missing for ROM BPRE, and NumberOfEvolutionTypes is missing for ROM BPRE.

I've reproduced this bug multiple times, and it's always after I insert blocks in Advance Map. When I open the rom in a hex editor, BPRE is still there, and the name for BPRE is still in the ini. What could this mean?

Never mind, I actually just figured it out. Advance Map creates an ini in the same folder as the rom, and PGE is reading that ini instead of the actual one. Deleting the created ini solved it.
Merge the inis.

I can't seem to get new edited stones from working when edited in the item editor. It keeps sayin "It won't have any effect"when trying to use them. How can I correct this? I can't seem to get hold-item evolution methods to work either (am using the Emerald Engine form dizzy egg).

OP
OP
Gamer2020

Gamer2020

I can't seem to get new edited stones from working when edited in the item editor. It keeps sayin "It won't have any effect"when trying to use them. How can I correct this? I can't seem to get hold-item evolution methods to work either (am using the Emerald Engine form dizzy egg).
This is not a PGE issue. Please post in the appropriate place.