• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Gen III - Ruby pokemon good ruby [very wip]

Project Status
very good

Doesnt

Hi, i'm working on a simple gen 3 hack using pokeruby

Immediate goals:
-Update movepools to modern standards. A few moves are getting excluded for being niche/annoying to implement (Quick Guard, etc.).
-Update abilities and ability effects
-Update TMs to be permanent, expand to modern 100 TM selection, redistribute
-Adjust enemy parties in accordance with the above
-Make all 200 mons in Hoenn dex obtainable in a single file

Future goals:
-Hidden abilities
-Add new areas (hidden grottos?)
-Add Kanto and Johto mons and evolutionary relatives in these new ares
-Add evolutionary relatives of mons; Gallade, Roserade, Magmortar, etc.
-cool fun stuff

My repo can be found here: https://github.com/Doesnty/pokeruby

If anyone is interested in using my animations or implementations, go ahead, just don't claim it's your own. Credit is nice too. Fair warning, I'm kind of a messy worker.

You can follow my work on implementing moves here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLInNHFGlvRQAqpoHuRF3JjSlFo_yvWP4F

Here's a few screenshots to prove I maybe know what I'm doing:

Deokishisu

Hey! I'm not sure if you saw my post in the Discord. Figured I'd copy-paste some feedback on your move animations here for you.
Move animations look great. My only suggestions would be a breathe in sort of animation before Boomburst. Like, scale the sprite a bit bigger (like the start of Swagger) and have it shrink back to size and shake side to side a bit as the sound wave comes out. Aqua Jet needs to have the attacker move, imo. Similar to how the attacker moves at the start of Quick Attack. I also think Belch should be a sound wave and not pretty much Sludge Bomb, maybe purple Uproar particles?
This is a cool project and, after playing your other hacks, I'm very excited to go through it. Good luck!

EDIT: Charge Beam looks sick.

Last edited: