You will play as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town! Just after Ash conquered the Indigo League he got back to his mom in his hometown where Professor Oak has a new objective for him. He wants Ash to go to Valencia Island to pick up a strange kind of Pokeball for him, since Professor Ivy is unable to send it to him through the PC system. Of course Ash is eager to take this easy objective. What happens after this is, of course, already known to you because we all saw the anime. I hope to cover most episodes, but I'm not planning to make all events of the episodes necessarily very prominent. I might add some episodes as a big part of the storyline and some episodes like miniquests.
- The Orange Archipelago
- 4 Gym Leaders & Badges
- New Sprites
- New Tiles
- New Maps
- Pikachu as starter and the possibility to get Ash's other Pokemon early in-game
- All Pokemon from Generation I (plus Tracey's Marill from Generation II)
- Physical/Special/Status Split
- No Pokeball taken upon failed capture
- Items to use Dive, Whirpool, Rock Smash & Rock Climb
- Sometimes the elevator in the Kumquat Hotel is not displaying the correct floor. For now, flying to Mandarin North and entering the Rocket Hideout to set the current floor to F1 would be the best solution. This bug will be fixed in a new Beta.
The current Beta version (4.2) is finished up to the fourth gym on Kumquat Island.
How do I get on the cliffs of Pinkan Island?
Talk to the old lady in Sunburst Island's Pokemon Center, she will give you a hint. In general, talk to NPC's. They often tell useful information.
How do I get past the whirlpools to Fairchild Island?
Someone on Trovita Island will give you the Whirlpuller after you beat Rudy. In general, talk to NPC's. They occasionally give away items.
Why are Pokémon in Valencia Park Shiny?
Because they are a different color in the Anime as well.
Why did you replace the gym challenges from the Anime for regular Pokémon Battles?
First, the story for this game is based on the Anime and not truthful to the Anime. Therefore, I chose to make gym battles instead of the Anime challenges (Wave race, Sled race, etc), because those fit in better within a Pokémon hack based on Fire Red. After all, the whole game is based on battling with Pokémon, not racing with them.
Why is the Crystal Onix not catchable?
Initially I didn't even want to include it, because it wasn't catchable in the Anime as well. However, I came back from that thought a little. The Crystal Onix will probably be catchable post-game.
Are you going to include a surfing Lapras sprite?
In Fire Red, there is only one type of surfing sprite that shows up under the player when surfing. Since HM03 is obtainable, it would be weird if I was surfing on a Blastoise for example and a Lapras sprite shows up. If anyone has a nice routine that makes it possible to make a Lapras sprite show up only in case Lapras was chosen, however, I would gladly add it to the game.
Why don't my Pokémon evolve through trading?
Despite the fact that trading is working in Orange Islands, I want to make the Pokedex fully completable without the need to trade. Therefore I made Kadabra, Graveler, Haunter and Machoke evolve at level 40 instead.
Are you going to include Pokémon from other Generations?
Barely, they're not in the Anime and they don't have my interest. Lugia, Slowking and Marill will be included, however, because they make an appearance in the story.
- Alcanthite Team - Tiles
- Alucus - Tiles
- Avara - Tiles
- Daman - Sprites, Support
- Diegoisawesome - Triple-Layer Blocks
- DoesntKnowHowToPlay - Physical/Special/Status Split
- FamiliaWerneck - Pokeball Routine
- FBI - Various Tweaks
- Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource - Sprites
- Ghoulslash - Surfing Lapras Routine
- JPAN - Hacked Engine
- Kensuyjin33 - Sprites
- Kyledove - Tiles
- MrDollSteak - The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource (Sugimori Palettes)
- Navenatox - Dynamic Overworld Sprites
- Spherical Ice - Various Tweaks, Dive ASM Routine
- TaniJ - Sprites
- Wesley FG - Tiles