• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Gen III - FireRed Pokemon Orange Islands

Project Status
Beta 4.1
Pokemon Orange Islands Artwork.png

INTRO
Since there is no complete hack yet that features the Orange Archipelago, I decided to give it a go.

The 1st Generation of Pokemon gives me the most nostalgic feel and is still my favorite, closely followed by the 2nd Generation. Later generation Pokemon don’t really have my interest, although some functions in the ROMs might be interesting (Physical/Special Split for example).

STORYLINE
You will play as Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town! Just after Ash conquered the Indigo League he got back to his mom in his hometown where Professor Oak also has a new objective for him. He wants Ash to go to Valencia Island to pick up a strange kind of Pokeball for him, since Professor Ivy is unable to send it to him through the PC system. Of course Ash is eager to take this easy objective. What happens after this is, of course, already known to you because we all saw the anime.
In this game Ash will roughly follow the same route as he did in the Anime. I hope to cover all episodes, but I’m not planning to make all events of the episodes necessarily very prominent. I might add some episodes as a big part of the storyline and some episodes more like miniquests.

FEATURES
- The Orange Archipelago
- 4 Gym Leaders & Badges
- New Sprites
- New Tiles
- New Maps
- Pikachu as starter and some way to get Ash's other pokemon early in the game
- All Pokemon from Generation I (and Tracey's Marill from Generation II)
- Physical/Special/Status Split
- Items to use Dive/Whirpool/Rock Smash/Rock Climb

SCREENSHOTS

BUGS
No bugs have been reported yet!

DOWNLOADS
Pokemon Orange Islands: Beta 4.1

DISCORD
Pokemon Orange Islands: Discord Server

CURRENT PROGRESS
The current Beta version (4.1) is finished up to the fourth gym on Kumquat Island.

CREDITS
Acanthite Team: Tiles
Anthroyd: Rom Hacking Video Series
Avara: Tiles
Daman: Professor Ivy Overworld Sprite
DoesntKnowHowToPlay: Physical/Special/Status Split
FBI: Various Tweaks
JPAN: Hacked Engine
Kensuyjin33: Sprites
Kyledove: Tiles
MrDollSteak: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource (Sugimori Palettes)
Navenatox: Dynamic Overworlds
Spherical Ice: Various Tweaks, Dive ASM Routine
Wesley FG: Tiles
Contributors to The Fire Red Overworld Sprite Resource: Sprites

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kalarie
Hi all,

I just finished the game up to Navel Island/Grapefruit Islands (Roughly comparable to 4 gyms in a regular Pokemon Game) and decided to release it up to this point as Beta 2. I don't expect to have a lot of time to work on it in the coming months and I don't want to keep you guys waiting too long for something new!

Even if you find the tiniest bugs/glitches not mentioned in the BUGS section I would encourage you to react in this thread or send me a message.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Huge respect ✊ for you Kalarie first game that gives you the impression like it have been made by a game freake team while its done by a passionate developer although I got to say that the beta 1 looks gorgeous I'd love if the beta 1 construction 🔨 stayed beside continuing the walkthrough of the game till the end [subjectif point of you] for all thank you so much 😊 big up for you !

Kalarie I may have a confusion about the story line of the game in the original série or as you may find if you search of gym leaders of orange islands ,they are 5 while in the game there is only 4 badges another thing I've just finished the beta 2 game (2 weeks ago to be specific) I just can't wait to continue the walktrough of the game ,any hints any upcoming update for the story in the 2 upcoming months?

OP
OP
Kalarie
@Orange_munching_Player

There are 4 gym leaders (And Badges) in the Orange Archipelago, and one champion (Which will be Drake). It will take some time before I will be able to make a lot of progress on Orange Islands, since I'll be busy studying in the near future...

Kalarie, you are an true Pokemon hero haha!

I've played quite some hacked pokemon roms, but this one with Ash is my fav so far!!!💛 Keep up the job bro! I totally agree w/ you about the 1st gen feeling. Man cant wait for some updates. 💡Smell ya later! 🕶

I think I found a potential bug in the game...

I had team of 6 earlier before receiving Lapras, and got in on the second time. Also I have alredy talked with Misty and Tracey but still I am stuck right there.

EDIT: Almost forgot to tell that the game looks awesome.
But yeah I would love to see two more things Nature coloured stats and Displaying IV's.

Attachments

OP
OP
Kalarie
@Froosty You should also read what they say, that might help you progress.

Thanks for the compliment;) I will mainly keep all Generation III features (except for PSS Split), so no nature coloured stats or displaying IV's unfortunately...

OP
OP
Kalarie
@TroubledLight Thanks, glad you liked it;)

I surprised myself and made quite some progress in the past few weeks. I think I'll release a new Beta that goes up to the third gym, but it will take some more time before I'll finish that.

Concerning the Crystal Onix: No, you won't be able to catch it, that was also the case in the Anime;)

OP
OP
Kalarie
Hi all,

The moment is there, the official release of Beta 3 of Pokemon Orange Islands! You'll be able to play up to the third gym on Trovita Island. So Orange islands' progress will be roughly comparable to Pokemon Orange by Pia Carrot. (About 6 gyms in a regular Pokemon Game)

What's new in this version:
- Improved Sprites and Tiles I was not happy about
- Fly will be available
- New islands, towns and routes
- More Pokemon will be catchable
- Plenty of Anime-Based Events
- And more!

Even though your save files will be compatible with this new version, I would encourage you to start from scratch. That way I will know I didn't accidently overwrote something important. But that's totally your call:)

The IPS patch can be found in the main post of this thread. And I'll say it again, even if you find the tiniest bugs/glitches not mentioned in the BUGS section don't hesitate to reply here or give me a message.

Enjoy!

Hi all,

The official release of Beta 4.0 of Pokemon Orange Islands is here! You'll be able to play a little further than the fourth gym on Kumquat Island. As far as I know it's the first Orange Islands hack that features all Orange Crew Gym Leaders!

What's new in this version:
- Improved Sprites and Tiles I was not happy about
- Link Trading and Battling will be available
- New islands, towns and routes
- More Pokemon will be catchable
- Plenty of Anime-Based Events
- In general more polish!

Even though your save files will be fairly compatible with this new version, I would encourage you to start from scratch. That way I will know I didn't accidently overwrote something important. Plus in the new Beta the national dex will not be given at the start of the game.

The IPS patch can be found in the main post of this thread. And I'll say it again, even if you find the tiniest bugs/glitches not mentioned in the BUGS section don't hesitate to reply here or give me a message.

Enjoy!