• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Announcement - March 5th 12:17 PM GMT

Hi there Guest!
    Thanks for checking out Silph Co.! Right now things are very much still in development with things like themes, guidelines, rules and most importantly content, still being a WIP. The staff and our members are actively working to make the community more homey for you. In the mean time, we are welcoming feedback and suggestions if you have them in the Feedback section.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

[PokéRed Disassembly] Looking for Support and Alpha Testers

Hello there! I'm Rob, and I'm currently creating Pokémon Shiro Version! (Will be addressed as "PokéShiro" from here on out.)

I'm currently in the very early stages of this process. However, if you're curious about the project, and want to help out, feel free to let me know, and we'll go from there.

PokéShiro is a Generation I Hack being written with the PokéRed Disassembly. Originally I was going to see what I was able to accomplish without using the Assembly, but I found it to be too limited. So I decided to try my hand at learning Assembly, which I am currently in the process of. However, this seems to require me to re-do what I have done so far, so progress may be delayed a slight bit. Though, I may release two ROM Hacks, one using Assembly, and one without.

As for what PokéShiro is, it's a ROM Hack of Pokémon Blue using the PokéRed Disassembly, featuring the ability to play as both Ash and James.

Features:
  • A rewritten PokéDex for all original 151 Pokémon
  • The ability to play as either Ash or James from the Anime with custom sprite work
  • A slightly harder challenge compared to the original Red and Blue, balancing the 'fun' factor with a proper challenge
  • Completely overhauled introduction and title screen
  • Slight story elements changed, such as the item "Full Heal" only being available on Cinnabar Island
  • A few changes depending on whether you pick James or Ash, with James providing more changes
  • Items such as the "Full Restore" will no longer be able to be bought, but will be able to be found in their natural locations.
  • Your Rival now has higher level Pokémon compared to his standard setup, with some changes.
  • Overhauled Pallet Town, to more closely resemble a town, as opposed to a village.
  • The items sold at PokéMarts are now somewhat different.
Possible Features:
  • Inspirations from the Pokémon anime being incorporated into the game
  • Custom soundtrack for certain parts of the game
  • Incorporating Jessie and Meowth into the game in some fashion. Most likely as another Rival for James, or something of the sort.
  • Jessebelle/Jessiebelle and her Vileplume may also make an appearance, and be more prevalent in James' story arc
  • With many more possibilities!
Features in the Non-Assembly Version:
  • The ability to play as either Ash or Red
  • A slightly harder challenge compared to the original Red and Blue, balancing the 'fun' factor with a proper challenge
  • Slight story elements changed, such as the item "Full Heal" only being available on Cinnabar Island
  • Items such as the "Full Restore" will no longer be able to be bought, but will be able to be found in their natural locations.
  • Your Rival now has higher level Pokémon compared to his standard setup, with some changes.
Notes about the Non-Assembly version:
The Non-Assembly Version features inspirations from The Vietnamese Crystal and Google Translate ROM Hacks respectively, making them slightly more mature to a degree. This feature is not likely to be found in the Assembly Version, though it is still a possibility, so keep that in mind. Thank you.

Thanks so much for reading, and for the interest. Feel free to check out the current version below, or send me a message to discuss it further. All subjects are subject to change, with or without notice. I cannot be held accountable if certain features aren't implemented, or certain features aren't implemented as fast as you'd like them to be.

If you'd like to help with the project, or just want to ask some questions, feel free to get in contact with me here, on Reddit, or over at the Skeetendo forums.

Take care, and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely yours,

Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Light Theme Readers:

Hello there! I'm Rob, and I'm currently creating Pokémon Shiro Version! (Will be addressed as "PokéShiro" from here on out.)

I'm currently in the very early stages of this process. However, if you're curious about the project, and want to help out, feel free to let me know, and we'll go from there.

PokéShiro is a Generation I Hack being written with the PokéRed Disassembly. Originally I was going to see what I was able to accomplish without using the Assembly, but I found it to be too limited. So I decided to try my hand at learning Assembly, which I am currently in the process of. However, this seems to require me to re-do what I have done so far, so progress may be delayed a slight bit. Though, I may release two ROM Hacks, one using Assembly, and one without.

As for what PokéShiro is, it's a ROM Hack of Pokémon Blue using the PokéRed Disassembly, featuring the ability to play as both Ash and James.

Features:
  • The ability to play as either Ash or James from the Anime with custom sprite work
  • A few changes depending on whether you pick James or Ash, with James providing more changes
  • Overhauled Pallet Town, to more closely resemble a town, as opposed to a village.
Possible Features:
  • Inspirations from the Pokémon anime being incorporated into the game
  • Custom soundtrack for certain parts of the game
  • Incorporating Jessie and Meowth into the game in some fashion. Most likely as another Rival for James, or something of the sort.
  • Jessebelle/Jessiebelle and her Vileplume may also make an appearance, and be more prevalent in James' story arc
  • With many more possibilities!
Features in the Non-Assembly Version:
A rewritten PokéDex for all original 151 Pokémon

• The ability to play as either Ash or Red
Notes about the Non-Assembly version:
The Non-Assembly Version features inspirations from The Vietnamese Crystal and Google Translate ROM Hacks respectively, making them slightly more mature to a degree. This feature is not likely to be found in the Assembly Version, though it is still a possibility, so keep that in mind. Thank you.

Screenshots:

All screenshots are from 0.05a (Non-Assembly Version.)

I had to post them on Imgur, as they will not post here. The link is below.

Pokémon Shiro Version 0.05a Screenshots

Thanks so much for reading, and for the interest. Feel free to check out the current version below, or send me a message to discuss it further. All subjects are subject to change, with or without notice. I cannot be held accountable if certain features aren't implemented, or certain features aren't implemented as fast as you'd like them to be.

Download Link:

Pokémon Shiro Version 0.05a IPS Download Link

If you'd like to help with the project, or just want to ask some questions, feel free to get in contact with me here, on Reddit, or over at the Skeetendo forums.

Take care, and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely yours,

Rob

Last edited: