• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gen III - Ruby Setting up Pokeruby dissassembly in Linux

Compatible Base ROMs
PKMN Ruby
#1
Introduction
I will be making two folders in the ~/Desktop (hope you know relative and absolute path in Linux):
  1. pokemon_ruby
  2. agbcc
Code:
cd Desktop
mkdir pokemon_ruby
mkdir agbcc

Installing devkitARM
There is a perl script available that will automatically install it in Linux: (can't post link, google it)
Save it in a file with 'pl' extension (say ~/Desktop/script.pl) and run following commands:
Code:
chmod +777 script.pl
perl script.pl
This will start the installation process.
After devkitARM is installed, you need to set two environment variables: DEVKITPRO and DEVKITARM. Run the following commands in your terminal:
Code:
echo "export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "export DEVKITARM=/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM" >> ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc

Setting up the environment
Go to pokemon_ruby folder and get the disassembly code:
Code:
cd pokemon_ruby/
git init
git remote add origin https://github.com/pret/pokeruby.git
git pull origin master
cd ..
Get the agbcc compiler:
Code:
cd agbcc/
git init
git remote add origin https://github.com/pret/agbcc.git
git pull origin master
./build.sh
./install.sh ~/Desktop/pokemon_ruby
cd ..
Then, in the pokemon_ruby directory, build the tools and then the rom:
Code:
cd pokemon_ruby/
./build_tools.sh
make
You should see the following message as the last line after building the ROM:
pokeruby.gba: OK

You have successfully set up a working environment.
 
#2
So I'm trying to do this but with emerald instead.

I installed devkitpro via a .deb since that's my flavor of Linux. When I get to the ./build.sh part of agbcc, I get this error
Code:
Makefile:1: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools'.  Stop.
which doesn't make sense since I thought I installed it correctly (if I search specifically for the perl script it just has a line saying to check the installer releases, hence why I installed it as a .deb)

If I do a search for base_tools, nothing comes up. My devkit folder goes /opt/devkitpro/pacman so there isn't even a devkitARM folder.